EFry Housing Application – Anna Buxton Apartments, Burnaby
The Anna Buxton Apartments are operated by EFry as women centred affordable housing. The 4-storey building contains 49 units, featuring studio, junior one-bedroom, one bedroom, two-bedroom and three bedroom apartments for low-income women and women-led families. The building is located at 8305 – 11th Avenue, in Burnaby and is located in a quiet residential neighbourhood with access to shopping and parks.
Who is Eligible?
- Low-income women, with for those working and/or living in Burnaby.
- whose incomes must be less than BC Housing’s certain limit of for a single person. The rate is to be reviewed annually.
- able to live independently in terms of mobility and the ability to manage the tenancy issues themselves directly with the EFry’s housing management.
- able to prove her ability to pay rents in a timely manner, either through her personal income or through any form of subsidy/assistance received regularly.
- given that the project is supported by the City of Burnaby, priority will be given to applicants with close affinity with Burnaby. Applicants are required to illustrate their connection with the city.
About half of the units are available for those with low incomes, while the remainder of housing units will be offered based upon an annual income of certain level for a one-bedroom unit. The income background of applicants will be reviewed to ensure their rent does not exceed 30% of the household income.
At a Glance
|Elizabeth Fry Society
|Address:||8305 – 11th Avenue, Burnaby 8305 11th Ave – Google Maps|
|49 (one bedroom unit accessible units available for the disabled)
|Features incl.||Studio, one junior BR, one BR, two BR and Three BR units, all with independent bathroom and kitchen|
|Electrical appliances incl.||a fridge, an oven|
|No parking lots available for tenants
|One pet of no more than 20 kilograms can be accepted. Pet deposit will be collected. The landlord reserves the right to consider on a case-by-case basis.
|Things for special attention:||
How to Apply If you are interested, you can download the application form here (PDF format)
The completed application form, attached with the income/income assistance proof documents of the recent three months, should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 604-520-1169 (Attention: Burnaby housing). If subsequent changes or updates to the information contained in the application, please notify EFry by email or fax as early as possible. Your application will be held for a maximum of 12 months after it is submitted.
Enquiries: 604-520-1166 (Please ask the reception to direct to Burnaby Housing)